PDF Print E-mail


Garbage Service
Beginning July 1, 2017, the Town of Danbury will contract residential and small business curbside garbage service through Foothill Waste Solutions, a Stokes County based company.  
 One roll-out garbage container and one roll-out recycling container will be provided at no cost. If your container is damaged or missing, or if you have any questions regarding residential or small business garbage services or schedules, please contact Town Hall at 336 593-2002.  Please contact Danbury Town Hall any time you have concerns about the quality of our contracted services.  If contacting Town Hall after business hours, leave a message and a call-back number if you wish to be contacted.
Garbage service is scheduled for every Thursday except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day (when it falls on a Thursday). In those cases, pick-up is re-scheduled for the following day, unless notified otherwise.  Containers should be at the street no later than 7:00 AM.

Recycling Service Schedule: 

7/14, 7/28
8/11, 825
9/8, 9/22
10/6, 10/20
11/3, 11/17
12/1, 12/15, 12/29
1/12, 1/26
2/9, 2/23
3/9, 3/23
4/6, 4/20
5/4, 5/18
6/1, 6/15, 6/29
Street Lights
Town street lights are provided through a contract with Duke Energy.  Requests for additional streetlights should be made in writing, and addressed to the Town Administrator.

Planning and Zoning Board/Board of Adjustment
One Board serves as both the Planning Board and the Board of Adjustment.
The Zoning Ordinance and a Zoning Map are available for inspection during regular office hours in the town office and are available in PDF format on the Ordinances/Plans/Maps page.
Meetings:  The Planning Board / Board of Adjustment meets at Town Hall on the 4th Monday of the month or as-needed. Meeting time is 6:00 PM.  Called meetings are posted on the town bulletin board located just outside the town office and are advertised in the local newspaper (The Stokes News) if required by law.
Planning Board / Board of Adustment Members:
John Turpin - Town Representative
Elmer Manuel - Town Representative
Wilson Blankenship - Town Representative  
Donnie Mabe - ETJ Representative 
Melinda Ring - ETJ Representative
Water and Sewer
Water and sewer services in Danbury are managed by the County of Stokes: 593-2811. For after-hours emergency water/sewer issues, call 593-2406.

Fire Protection

Fire Protection in Danbury is provided by the Danbury Volunteer Fire Department.

Danbury Volunteer Fire Department partially housed in the Circa 1890 Taylor Store
Joomla Templates by Joomlashack